Nancy Addison, a nutritional/health consultant, #1 best-selling, international award-winning author, radio show host and lecturer has helped thousands of people overcome health disorders. Her books were written after years of research to find a cure for her own health problems. Frustrated with conventional medicine, she embarked on a long course of study into many different healing concepts, including ancient Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic medicine, macrobiotics, Mediterranean cuisine, natural hygiene, raw foods, detoxification, and mega-supplement therapy. Incorporating the most beneficial components of each concept into her own system of health and healing, her success inspired her to share it with others.
Much more than a “diet”, Nancy’s speeches, radio shows, books and articles offer a constantly expanding body of knowledge that focuses on the benefits of establishing and maintaining a healthy body, mind and spirit. It all starts with nutritious food and a healthy intestinal tract. Eating organic, nutrient dense foods, as well as probiotic rich fermented foods, and following her principles, lays down a foundation for health that is essential to wellness.
Nancy wrote: “Diabetes And Your Diet” (#1 best-seller and International Book Awards 2017, Winner for “Best Health Book of the Year”), “How To Be A Healthy Vegetarian“ 2nd edition, (a best-seller and Winner of “Best Specialty Cookbook of the Year, 2017” by Book Excellence Awards, two-time finalist of 2 Indie Book Awards, and awarded finalist in the International Book Awards, and North Texas Book Awards), “Raising Healthy Children” (#1 Best Seller, Awarded the Mom’s Choice Award for Excellence and Two-Time Winner for “Best Parenting Book of the Year” and “Best Family Book of the Year, with the International Book Awards, 2017),” “Lose Weight, Get Healthy And Never Have To Be On A Diet Again!,” (Finalist in International Book Awards, 2017) “Feeding Tube Recipe For Optimum Health” and “Alive and Cooking“ are frequently mentioned in the books of other authors and in natural health magazines. She does radio shows and workshops to educate the public, and is well-regarded for introducing Americans to new concepts and insights for using medicinal foods. Nancy’s clients have reversed medical conditions, lost weight, and learned how to eat energizing, healthy, fresh, organic food.
- Best Selling Author of “Diabetes And Your Diet” (#1 best seller, International Book Awards 2017, Winner, Best Health Book of the Year, and finalist in the North Texas Book Awards), “Raising Healthy Children” (#1 best seller and winner of the Mom’s Choice Award For Excellence and Two-Time Winner for “Best Parenting Book of the Year” and “Best Family Book of the Year, with the International Book Awards, 2017), “How To Be A Healthy Vegetarian” (Best seller – second edition, winner for Best Specialty Cookbook 2017, Book Excellence Awards, and finalist in the North Texas Book Awards, winner/double finalist Indie Book Awards, and awarded finalist in the International Book Awards), ““Lose Weight, Get Healthy And Never Have To Be On A Diet Again!” (awarded finalist in International Book Awards) and “Feeding Tube Recipe For Optimum Health.”
- Co – Author of “Alive and Cooking; An Easy Guide To Health For You And Your Parents”
- Food, Health and Recipe Columnist for: KLGD FM Farm & Ranch Report, Park Cities News & Celebration Magazine
- Radio Show Host – I Heart Radio and W4CY Radio – Show’s name is Organic Healthy Lifestyle
- Nancy is featured in the documentary: Eating You Alive. The film features leading medical experts, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Dean Ornish, and actor, Samuel L. Jackson. Click here to view the trailer.
Nancy is well-versed in the art of health and nutrition, having studied with world renowned Doctors and nutritionists as well as having received certification from various Institutes and Universities including:
- Certified Health Counselor by Columbia University Teachers College
- Graduate and Certified Health Counselor of The Institute of Integrative Nutrition
- Board Certified Health Practitioner with The American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition by eCornell University And The T. Colin Campbell Foundation
- Certified for Basic Intensive in Health-Supportive Cooking at the Natural Gourmet Institute for Food and Health in NYC
- Certified Raw Food Chef, Instructor and Teacher
- Certified in Mediterranean Cooking with Australasian College of Health & Sciences in Syros, Greece
- Graduate of Hollins College (presently a University)
- Certified Personal Trainer with American Sports and Fitness Association
- Certified Practitioner of Psychosomatic Therapy with the Australasian Institute of Body-Mind Analysis and Psychosomatic Therapy
- Certified International Wildlife Rehabilitation
- All-Level, Life-Long Teaching Certification in State of Texas
- Certified in Usui Reiki, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Certified Laughing Yoga Instructor
- Winner of the Mom’s Choice Award For Excellence for book: Raising Healthy Children.
- Awarded Woman Of The Year, 2012- 2013, by the National Association Of Professional Women.
- Member of the American Nutritionist Association
- Larry Hagman’s Personal Chef and Nutritional Consultant
- Studied with Natalia Rose in Detoxification
- Studied Conscious Organic Farming and Raw Food Cuisine at the Tree of Life
- Studied Culinary Arts at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in London, England
- Studied Chinese Gastronomy, London, England
- Studied Khmer Cuisine – Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Studied Thai Cuisine – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Studied Mexican Cuisine – San Miquel de Allende, Mexico
- Studied Malay Cuisine in Cape Town, South Africa
- Personal Training Education – The Cooper Institute, Dallas, TX
- Studied Environmental Science – Texas A&M University
- Served as Secretary of The Earth Society– affiliated with the UN
Before becoming a professional speaker, organic health/nutrition expert and chef, Nancy experienced a penicillin overdose at a young age that demanded numerous blood transfusion and bone marrow tests, leaving her with acute anemia. Craving sugar for energy, she came very close to becoming diabetic and gained 50 extra unhealthful pounds while pregnant. She began to research all she could on health, nutrition and self-healing. Nancy adjusted her stressful lifestyle and food choices.Nancy now commits her practice to educating audiences and clients on the effects of toxins found in our daily environment, eating healthier to stay younger looking and having a more energetic, optimum lifestyle. Nancy is an expert in diabetes, heart disease and cancer diets.
Her six books are endorsed by world-renowned doctors.
Always enthusiastic about helping others achieve a vibrant, sustainable, healthful way of living, Nancy teaches healthful living, nutrition, cooking, and raw food cuisine preparation, as well as organic gardening.
Nancy also does a variety of charity work.
At this time, Nancy is, among other volunteer activities, the Associate Program Director for the non -profit Greater Caribbean Energy and Environment Foundation of Texas. Nancy is helping to implement education programs in schools that teach about environmental sustainability of the plant and fish life ecosystems in the oceans. Nancy wants to help restore health to the oceans. They are in such a decimated condition. These grass restoration projects will help with the global climate by taking carbon out of the air. Contact Nancy if you are interested in working or helping with this project.
Nancy also volunteers with the White Bridle Horse Humane Society. Nancy is presently a certified wildlife rehabilitator in the state of Texas and volunteers with the DFW Wildlife Coalition.
Nancy also champions against domestic violence. She has worked closely with Lifetime Television and the Dallas Family Place. She participated in Terror At Home Domestic Violence In America, which was produced by Michael Bolton and made by Academy Award Winner – Maryann De Leo by Lifetime TV. She has spoken nationwide on the subject at various places- including Good Morning America, Duke University, Southern Methodist University, and the Women’s Museum in Dallas. (Nancy and Maryann De Leo have since come to be great friends and co-authored the book/cookbook, Alive And Cooking together.)
Nancy also volunteered at the Dallas Lighthouse For The Blind for over 10 years. Awarded their volunteer of the year working with people who had lost their vision later in life.
Nancy has always been a devoted mother. Her children are now grown. Her two children (Gibbons and Amanda) received scholarships at the University of Texas School of Law. Gibbons was on the law review, published at the University of Texas School of Law, and worked for Federal Judge J. James Brady. Both children interned for Federal Appeals Judge Patrick Errol Higginbotham. Amanda graduated from the University of Texas School of Law with honors.
Today, her son Gibbons (who attended Louisiana State University undergraduate school on an academic scholarship) is an attorney with Jones Walker LLP. While finishing her law school degree, her daughter Amanda worked with the Office of the Co-Prosecutors at the United Nations Assistance to the Khmer Trials at the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia, in Phnom Penh. She built cases against leaders of the Khmer Rouge for war crimes. Previously, Amanda spent two years with the Peace Corps in Mali, Africa. There, she raised money and helped build an adult literacy center. Amanda worked as an International Human Rights Lawyer in NYC for the past two years. She presently is working for the Civil Rights Bureau of the Attorney General in NYC.
Nancy lives the lifestyle that she teaches, living a balanced life: mind, body, and spirit.
” I love working with people who realize their health is their greatest asset. It’s exhilarating to assist my clients in developing wellness, balance, and harmony in all aspects of their lives.”