I frequently make these living-food cookies using almond meal I have leftover after making almond milk. I never wanted to waste the almond meal, and this is a wonderful way to use it. You can make these into small snack bars as well. Make sure to store these cookies in the refrigerator.
Would you like to eat a healthy delicious cookie?
This recipe is one of many raw recipes in my book, “How To Be A Healthy Vegetarian.”
2 c. almonds, soaked in water 12 to 18 hours, or almond meal
1⁄2–1 tsp. sea salt
1⁄2 c. or more honey
1⁄4 c. almond butter
2 T. protein powder
1⁄2 c. organic, raw, shredded coconut
1. Grind almonds and sea salt into a fine meal.
2. Slowly add honey, almond butter, and protein powder to make
3. Roll dough into round long logs.
4. Roll logs in coconut.
5. Wrap logs in parchment or wax paper and then in foil. 6. Chill until firm.
7. Cut slices a little over one-quarter-inch thick.
I use Garden of Life brand protein powder.
Gently press cookies in coconut after they are sliced, for a more coconut-y flavor.
Everyone asks me where they can get a copy of my book.